Leg Vein Removal
Spider veins are characterized by thin, visible blood vessels located close to the surface of the skin. This venous condition commonly occurs in the legs and can often be identified by its spider-like shape, in which tiny vessels branch out from a darker central point. In many cases, spider veins can be the source of self-consciousness about one’s appearance, and they can even be painful. At our plastic surgery practice, top Glendale facial plastic surgeon Dr. John Vartanian offers laser vein removal techniques for the small to medium varicose veins and injections for larger veins . By utilizing state-of-the-art laser technology, Dr. Vartanian can help eliminate the signs of small to medium spider veins, alleviate discomfort, and restore a more even-toned, healthier appearance to your skin.
- Benefits of Laser Vein Removal
- The Laser Vein Removal Procedure
- Recovery from Laser Vein Removal
- What to Expect
Benefits of Laser Vein Removal
Laser vein removal is designed to be a safe and effective way of eliminating spider veins that are medium to small in width. Laser energy targeted at problematic veins in your legs can effectively cause the visible blood vessels to contract and disappear beneath the skin. This procedure can also relieve the discomfort associated with spider veins. Laser vein removal procedures can be completed relatively quickly and typically require little to no downtime.
The Laser Vein Removal Procedure
During your procedure, Dr. Vartanian will utilize laser technology to direct laser energy into your spider veins. Once the veins have absorbed the energy, they will begin to shrink and eventually disappear. Dr. Vartanian will often use local anesthesia to control any discomfort during the procedure. The entire treatment generally takes about 30 minutes to one hour to complete, however, procedure times vary depending on the extent of the condition.
Recovery from Laser Vein Removal
Recovery times are relative to your body’s natural healing processes, but most patients do not require extensive downtime after laser vein removal. Redness and minor swelling are normal and should diminish in the days following your procedure. Dr. Vartanian recommends that you avoid strenuous physical activity for about five days.
What to Expect
- Length of Time for Procedure? Procedure times will vary depending on the extent of your spider veins. However, most treatments can be completed in about one hour.
- Who Performs this Procedure? All laser vein removal procedures are performed by one of our trained laser nurses.
- What about Recovery? Recovery will also depend on the extent of your spider veins, but you can generally expect to return to your normal routines the day of your procedure. Physical activities should be avoided for at least five days.
- What about the Results? Laser vein removal can help you diminish visible spider veins, alleviate discomfort, and achieve a healthier appearance to the skin. Results are long-lasting and the initial effects often become apparent immediately following your treatment.
Contact Dr. Vartanian
To learn more about laser vein removal, please contact our office today. Our friendly staff will answer all your questions and help you schedule a private consultation with Dr. Vartanian to discuss your options.