Facial Fat Injections
For patients who may not need to undergo invasive surgery to help them attain their facial enhancement goals, facial fat injections can provide long-lasting results without extensive recovery times. In addition to developing wrinkles and creases along facial areas, it’s very common for certain features to lose volume and fullness over time. Our board-certified facial plastic surgeon, Dr. John Vartanian, can perform fat injections for patients who may benefit from adding volume to the lips, cheeks, and other facial areas. This procedure can also be utilized to smooth out wrinkles for a more youthful appearance. With facial fat injections, you can enhance and refine your facial contours with beautiful, natural-looking results.
- Benefits of Facial Fat Injections
- The Facial Fat Injections Procedure
- Facial Fat Injections Recovery
- What to Expect
Benefits of Facial Fat Injections
Facial fat injections can be very beneficial for patients who have had thin lips or hollowness in the cheeks their whole lives, as well as for patients who have lost volume in these areas due to aging, medical conditions, trauma, or other factors. Fat injections, also known as fat grafting or fat transfer, can also enhance areas of the face such as the temples and around the eyes, in addition to improving common signs of aging such as wrinkles and fine lines. Facial fat injections are known to last much longer than other dermal fillers. Since the treatment involves taking fat cells from one area of your body and transferring them to facial areas, there is no need for an allergy test or waiting period before the procedure.
Dr. Vartanian will meet with you for an initial consultation and explain all aspects of this procedure. Together, you and Dr. Vartanian will decide if this procedure is the best option for your needs.
The Facial Fat Injections Procedure
Facial fat injections begin with using micro-liposuction to remove fat cells from a donor area of your body. These cells will then be filtered and purified. Dr. Vartanian will then inject them into the areas of your face that have been targeted for treatment, carefully adding volume and more defined contour to your facial features.
Incisions during the fat removal process are typically very small, and Dr. Vartanian will make every effort to make any residual scarring virtually unnoticeable. Facial fat injection treatments can typically be performed on an outpatient basis.
Facial Fat Injections Recovery
Recovery information for facial fat injections will depend on the extent of your overall treatment. Most patients are able to resume normal daily routines on the same day of treatment; however, each patient is unique and some patients may require more or less downtime than others. Some temporary bruising and swelling can be expected in the treated areas. Any discomfort after the procedure can be managed with medication.
What to Expect
- Length of Time for Procedure? Depending on each patient’s needs, facial fat injections usually take no more than an hour to perform.
- Who Performs this Procedure? Dr. Vartanian performs all facial fat injection procedures.
- What about Recovery? Since this procedure is only minimally invasive, most patients are able to return to normal daily activities shortly after treatment.
- What about the Results? Results from facial fat injections are often immediately noticeable; however, the most optimal effects typically become apparent once the swelling after treatment has completely faded. Sometimes, more than one treatment is necessary to yield the best results. One of the biggest advantages of facial fat injections is that the results have been known to last for years.
Contact Dr. John Vartanian
For more information on facial fat injections, or if you would like to schedule a consultation with Dr. Vartanian, please contact us today.